Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2011

Learning Style

In today’s lesson we had learnt what our learning style is because we did a simple test with 3 answers for 30 different questions. Overall my result was that I came out a visual learner which means that I learn best by watching someone demonstrate how to do something and then I take notes on how to do it. I can learn better through this method by working from lists and written directions and instructions. I also could learn better by sitting at the front of the classroom to get a better view of what is happening.

My results are that I got 14 points towards the visual learning style, I got 9 points towards the auditory (Lectures/Discussions) and I got 7 points towards the physical learning style.

I later did two more test to check my Visual, Social, Physical, Aural, Verbal, Solitary and Logical. The first test was needed for me to think by myself and judge myself according to the subjects. I roughly drew a spider diagram with those subjects in the diagram. After I analysised the spider diagram to see what my personal outcome was I then had to visit a website to do a similar test to see if my initial spider diagram was what the website said it was. The website consisted of 70 questions and then after answering all of them I had to fill in my personal details then I was presented with a spider diagram with my results. Then I compared my results that I drew to the results that I was given from the website.

I was happy to see that what I drew what almost identical to the results I got from the website. The only different that I had to these two results was that I had more logical learning style from the results from the website. I am quite happy with these results because according to both these results I know my learning  style pretty well but I am also very pleased because I now know that I have a bigger logical learning style than I thought I had initially.

1 comment:

  1. It is very good that you know your learning style so well. If youi are more of a logical learner than you thought what does this tell you about how you could approach learning? We will be doing more work on this on Friday so make sure you think carefully about how you learn.

    ReplyDelete